• Badminton had taken part in the 1992 Summer Olympics .
• It has been contested in 5 Olympiads.
• 50 nations have taken part in the Olympic badminton competitions.
• 19 nations are those which appeared all 5 times.
• It is governed by the Badminton World Federation.
• The 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona saw the first appearance of badminton.
4 events were held [(singles, doubles) (men and women)].
Four medals were given in each event, including two bronzes.
• The next Olympics were in Atlanta in 1996,
It had 5 events with the addition of mixed doubles events. There was also now a playoff between the two semifinal losers to determine the sole winner of the bronze medal. That format has been used for the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Summer Olympics.
Badminton evolved as Olympic sport in 1992. London 2012 Olympic will see Badminton being contested in Wembley Arena from Saturday 28 July to Sunday 5 August. Badminton fans can get Olympic Badminton Tickets from Sport Ticket Exchange.
Olympic Badminton Tickets.
Sport Ticket Exchange.